Sunday, August 3, 2008

green eyed bag lady



libertad
hold yo glasses to the sky
clink clink
its a celebration
neva felt a feeling so sweet
i hum with delight
at the piercing sound of the knife
in
out
in
and
out
CRACK!
aaaaahhhhh
i scream
with relief

HEARTBREAK

baaabbbbbyyyy
do it again and again

deeper and deeper
are my wounds

sweeter and sweeter
is my tongue

i burst into tears

i smile with jubilee

they neva told me how sweet it would be

they neva told how physically real
heartbreak feels, how suitable the word
is to describe joyful pain

i carry my bags tripping over myself

i hold my head up high

now realizing who the second dress is for


the more the merrier tocelebrate
hands
filled with glasses
risen

HIGH HIGH HIGH
TO THE SKY

with bleeding hearts
i rejoice in pain

cuz its a motha motha mo tha............. celebration

and baby, yea baby, my lover, my one who holds a special place in my heart, my fiya starta, my one of the sun, my first......everything, everything, everything, everything

i thank you!

No comments: