Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nigerian Movies

I was watching a Nija film last night with my father. My dad is a connoisseur of Nigerian movies. The previous night we were watching "Two Can Play that Game," and my dad swore that this film had taken their ideas from the Nigerian film; i believed otherwise. So, he decided to show me the Nigerian movie, so I could see how much the two films were similar. The Nigerian movie pretty much remade the American movie adding minor variations with a sprinkle of twists and turns. Come to find out the American film was made in 2001 and the Nigerian film was made in 2003. Despite this information, my father insisted that the Nigerian film was the far mo' bettER of the two, without a doubt. I'm not too sure about that but what I am sure of is that is was the mo' funniER of the two. Read the following two classic quotes from the film. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it :)

Background: Lady 1 and her friends just found out that Lady 1's boyfriend who just came back in to her life is getting married to another woman in the next week.

Lady 1: Aah James, you will never find happiness. You will never find favor before God and man.
Friends: Amen
Lady 1: For the rest of your life you will swim in troubled waters
Friend: James, may you rot in hell for what you did to my friend.
Lady 1: For the rest of your life, sorrow will be your companion
Friends: Amen
Lady 1: I will reduce you. I will reduce you to what you were when I met you. Ewooooo!

HILARIOUS!

Background: A friend receives advice after he was recently caught in a restaurant with another woman by his girlfriend, after telling her he was "working late."

Friend 1: Look at this guy (chuckles). Lying, what is wrong with that. Lying is part of our everyday life. Woman like to be lied to...never tell a woman the truth.
Friend 2: Never tell a woman the truth?

AWESOME!

No comments: